Australia Migration, Immigration Australia, Migrating to Australia


Forgotten Password
Free Registration for Assistance | About Us | Contact us | Sitemap | Secure Client Log in
More info about Immigration Australia, Visa Australia

A Migration Lawyer is available

to assist you - Register now

Registered to Provide Migration Advice


Old SOL - Professional occupations - Australian Migration Requirements

Please read the qualifying criteria before moving on to the occupations

Professionals listed here may apply for skilled migration to Australia.

PROFESSIONALS perform analytical, conceptual and creative tasks through the application of theoretical knowledge and experience in the fields of science, engineering, business and information, health, education, social welfare and the arts.

All occupations in this major group have a level of skill commensurate with the equivalent of an Australian AQF diploma or bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.

Some occupations such as those in Sub-Major Group 25 Social, Arts and Miscellaneous Professionals may require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest.

Tasks performed by Professionals typically include conducting and analysing research to extend the body of knowledge in their field; developing techniques to apply this knowledge; designing products, physical structures and engineering systems; identifying and treating, and advising on, health, social, and personal problems; advising clients on legal matters; teaching students in a range of educational institutions or in a private setting; developing and coordinating administrative and marketing programs; and communicating ideas through language, communications media and artistic media including the visual and performing arts.

The Professional List is on the right 

Professional Occupations

Specific occupation requirements

Lawyers and legal professsionals

Lawyers generally have to undertake 12 months study in Australia, and sometimes are required to work under supervision for a further 6 12 months before their application for a PR visa will be approved.

You can lodge the application prior to the above, and will then need a TR visa to come to Australia for the studies and work experience required.

IT occupations

Most IT occupations are currently on the occupations in Demand category which means that Australia needs you !

There are various categories of IT occupation and we will provide relevant details to you in an assessment we do

Generally, qualifications such as MSCE alone will NOT meet the criteria for migration as an IT Professional - additional qualifications and some experience will be required.


Search Google



Forgotten Password