Australia Migration, Immigration Australia, Migrating to Australia


Forgotten Password
Free Registration for Assistance | About Us | Contact us | Sitemap | Secure Client Log in
More info about Immigration Australia, Visa Australia

A Migration Lawyer is available

to assist you - Register now

Registered to Provide Migration Advice

Grad Skilled TR visa

Graduate Skilled Temporary visa

Certain students who complete eligible Australian studies, are eligible to apply for Australian permanent residence under the Australian immigration Graduate skilled program. To brigde the time between completion of studies and graduation, they require a visa to remain in Australia legally.

The purpose of the Graduate Skilled Temporary visa is to give overseas students more time to complete their applications for permanent residence.

It is not a compulsory part of permanent residence applications for overseas students in Australia.

If granted, the visa will give the student (and any dependents included in the application) a stay of up to six months, by which time they must, by law, lodge their application for a:

  • Skilled–Independent Overseas Student visa; or
  • Skilled–Australian Sponsored Overseas Student visa; or
  • Skilled–Designated Area Sponsored Overseas Student visa.

Students and their dependents included in the application must maintain adequate arrangements for health insurance while in Australia.

If the application for permanent residence is not made, any dependents included in the Graduate Skilled Temporary visa must leave Australia no later than the visa holder.

Contact us for further details.




Forgotten Password