Constructs and repairs dentures and other dental devices.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- receives and interprets written orders from dentists
- fabricates full and partial dentures
- constructs metal clasps, inlays, bridgework and other aids
- repairs, makes additions or relines denture bases
- constructs maxillofacial appliances
- may fit dentures