Assists young people as individuals or groups to solve social, emotional and financial problems in an agency framework.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- provides support and information to young people about welfare and other youth accommodation and community services
- plans, designs and supervises activities for young people such as sports, handicrafts, dancing, drama, hiking and bushwalking
- provides counselling, support and crisis services
- may plan and organise activities for young people in the community, such as establishing and supervising clubs
- may work under the supervision of a health, sport, recreation or welfare worker
Juvenile Justice Officer
Youth Accommodation Support Worker