3212-19 Insurance Broker
Operates as an independent agent to sell life, fire, accident, industrial and marine insurance for a range of insurance companies.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification.
In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- compiles lists of prospective clients from directories and other sources
- makes contact with prospective clients to seek interviews and gauge interest
- interviews prospective clients to explain insurance policy conditions, risks covered, premium rates and benefits, and to make recommendations on the amount and type of cover
- researches and reviews available insurance products to ensure the most appropriate are offered to clients
- markets their services to increase client base
- may collect premiums and keep records of payments, including appropriate commissions