Brings together buyers and sellers of commodities to negotiate private sales and arrange sales through established market places.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification.
In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- plans buying and selling activities
- negotiates the purchase and sale of commodities such as grains, wool, minerals or metals
- monitors local and international commodity prices, market trends and other factors affecting the supply and demand for commodities
- may inspect crops during growth and negotiate production requirements with producers
- may arrange transport, storage and initial processing of products purchased
- may arrange arbitrage of stocks and contracts