Buys and sells stocks and bonds on behalf of clients.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- obtains information on securities, market conditions, government regulations and financial circumstances of clients
- interprets data from securities reports, financial periodicals and stock-quotation viewer screens
- gives information and offers advice regarding stocks, bonds, market conditions and the history and prospects of corporations
- records and transmits buy and sell orders
- calculates and records costs of transactions
- develops lists of investments for clients
Trading Floor Operator (Stock Exchange)