3121-13 Architectural Associate
Implements architects' concepts by preparing drawings and plans and liaising with builders and contractors.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- analyses architects' designs and prepares preliminary sketches, working drawings and detailed instructions
- prepares detailed drawings of plans showing internal, external and other features of buildings
- prepares working drawings of plans showing elevations, sections, materials, finishes and other aspects of building projects such as layouts, plumbing, drainage, carparking and landscaping as directed by architects
- represents architects on building sites to clarify plans and specifications
- may assist in the preparation of building specifications
- may make inquiries of local governments and other authorities, and investigate pertinent codes and by-laws
Building Drafting Officer