3121-11 Building Associate
Assists in the planning and organisation of material and human resources used in the construction and maintenance of buildings.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- assists professional builders in the planning and organising of building projects, arranges supplies of building materials and equipment, and directs the progress of building work
- interprets building plans, building regulations and codes of practice
- calculates building costs and estimates completion times to prepare tenders and to support contract bids and contract variations
- draws up detailed programs for site works and coordination of tradespersons
- inspects building work to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and regulations and that proper techniques and materials are used
- negotiates with subcontractors and others on commercial and technical matters
- keeps records of building progress and departures from design drawings or specifications
- makes reports to builders and architects
- may supervise or coordinate the work of sub-contractors, tradespersons and other workers
- may perform building work
Building Construction Supervisor
Clerk of Works