3112-11 Chemistry Technical Officer
Performs chemical laboratory tests on solid materials, liquids and gases, analyses test data and carries out technical functions in support of Chemists or Chemical Engineers.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- conducts complex experiments, test and analyses according to procedures
- prepares charts, sketches, diagrams and flow-charts and compiles data
- participates in fabricating, installing and modifying equipment, to ensure that critical standards are met
- controls the quality and quantity of laboratory supplies by testing samples and monitoring usage
- may assist in preparing technical reports and documents for publication
- may be responsible for maintaining standards of raw material supplies and ensuring prescribed procedures are followed in production environments
Chemical Instrumentation Officer
Chemical Process Analyst